When Kelly from Pink frosting cake company asked me to join her for a girly weekend at Soho Farmhouse, I straight away packed my bag! I knew we were in for a weekend full of relaxation and luxury interior goals. Of course the interior photographer in me was released. Even though it was raining up a storm all weekend, we had the very best hideaway in our cozy cabin.
THE BEST HIDEAWAY FOR A RAINY WEEKEND
The morning we woke up there was fresh milk in front of the door and wellies waiting for us to explore! Ways of transport? A olive green vintage bike of course. We headed to the biggest outdoor pool, it’s a sight for sore eyes let me tell you. The perfect place to unwind and get caught up on movies at the electric cinema covered in red velvet seats to take you right back to Hollywood. We had the best stay, would highly recommend it! Not only is Soho the most private and luxurious home away from home, but they also offer Wedding packages here. My love for being an interior photographer was definitely heightened during this trip. How could you not go trigger happy with each corner of this cabin?
Ps. It is a membership only club. See more details here.
See my latest travel blog all about Dubai here.
Personal Branding with Ava & Arabella
There’s some kind of magic that happens when you photograph a personal branding photoshoot in London. The spaces are endless and my clients are complete bosses! Empowering woman in front of my lens feels like all the butterflies in tummy setting free. That’s the best way I can describe it. I really do love my job so much, I meet incredible super humans like Ava from Ava & Arabella.
Not only is Ava a wife and a business woman, she’s a mum too. Juggling all life’s challenges and still manages to be an overachiever by doing her dream job.
ABOUT THE SESSION
I met Ava at Canary Wharf, she had the biggest smile on her face, right there and then I knew she was in for a treat! I was ready to capture her true self in the chicest way possible. After the mini bar session we saw the stunning skyline that totally brought New York vibes. Our final stop was Greenwich with a pop of orange that fits Ava’s brand. I love this session so much, but maybe it’s more the person.
Interested in a Personal Branding in London shoot? See more here and get in contact here.
Feeling like you need more inspiration for London Branding Photography? See my latest branding post here.
THE JOY OF BEING A LONDON PHOTOGRAPHER
There’s so many amazing London cafes and hidden mews that would drive any explorer crazy, in the best way! That’s the joy of being a London photographer. I’m sharing some of my all time favourite locations and why I’m so in love with them… Other than the obvious.
LETS DO WHAT WE LOVE AND DO A LOT OF IT! – MARC JACOBS
- MAYFAIR | Not only the gem for fashion boutiques and fabulous restaurants but also for beautiful London architecture and walks that would make you re live your city dreams to the fullest.
- SOUTH KENSINGTON | The pristine pure white neighbourhoods and blossom infused restaurants giving us that extra flavour of life’s treasures. Take a stroll around Bibendum and get lost, it would be the best decision ever made. Also a great little spot is Onslow Sq. with a maze of white pillars.
- COVENT GARDEN | It’s safe to say that this is my all time favourite location as a London Photographer! The pebble street packed full of insanely creative places like Petersham Nurseries, Apple market and the Covent Garden hotel just to name a few. The West end will keep you busy for the whole day, for me? Years!
- NOTTING HILL | My second favourite place, this one is a goodie. Colourful houses and wisteria draped crescents. Some great restaurants to visit is Farmacy for their yummy smoothies and breakfast bowls. i celebrate each birthday at Beach Babylon for hot chocolates and eggs Benedict’s by the fireplace.
- SLOANE SQAURE | Such a gorgeous day out, Duke of York square has a food market on and Alberts bridge is waiting for you pretty in PINK!
Enjoy and take it in!
Get inspired by my London shoot locations here.
LONDON BRANDING PHOTOGRAPHY
Ever noticed how powerfully confident boss girls look in their branding photography? I can tell you this, that’s because they feel at ease with their photographer! Doing a London Branding session is the best creative outlet. More importantly, making your client feel fabulous and unstoppable is the trick of the trade.
“People will stare. Make it worth their while.” —Harry Winston
I love the feeling of making someone smile because they feel empowered and just plain wonderful! In today’s life it’s all about the person behind the business as much as it is about your work. People invest in you and your brand. What better way to showcase your personality than choosing your favourite location for your London branding session and letting the world know who you are. The experience will be fun and lighthearted, I love shooting in a natural way to get those in between laughs. There’s nothing more engaging than a smile. Have I ever mentioned how much I love being a London Photographer? I am constantly on the lookout for a cute little cafe with natural light and beautiful London architecture for those lifestyle shoots. The city really is our oyster.
Would love to be your portrait photographer! See more of my business branding shoots here.
Boss ladies below |
Cara Van Heerden