THE JOY OF BEING A LONDON PHOTOGRAPHER
There’s so many amazing London cafes and hidden mews that would drive any explorer crazy, in the best way! That’s the joy of being a London photographer. I’m sharing some of my all time favourite locations and why I’m so in love with them… Other than the obvious.
LETS DO WHAT WE LOVE AND DO A LOT OF IT! – MARC JACOBS
- MAYFAIR | Not only the gem for fashion boutiques and fabulous restaurants but also for beautiful London architecture and walks that would make you re live your city dreams to the fullest.
- SOUTH KENSINGTON | The pristine pure white neighbourhoods and blossom infused restaurants giving us that extra flavour of life’s treasures. Take a stroll around Bibendum and get lost, it would be the best decision ever made. Also a great little spot is Onslow Sq. with a maze of white pillars.
- COVENT GARDEN | It’s safe to say that this is my all time favourite location as a London Photographer! The pebble street packed full of insanely creative places like Petersham Nurseries, Apple market and the Covent Garden hotel just to name a few. The West end will keep you busy for the whole day, for me? Years!
- NOTTING HILL | My second favourite place, this one is a goodie. Colourful houses and wisteria draped crescents. Some great restaurants to visit is Farmacy for their yummy smoothies and breakfast bowls. i celebrate each birthday at Beach Babylon for hot chocolates and eggs Benedict’s by the fireplace.
- SLOANE SQAURE | Such a gorgeous day out, Duke of York square has a food market on and Alberts bridge is waiting for you pretty in PINK!
Enjoy and take it in!
Get inspired by my London shoot locations here.
LONDON BRANDING PHOTOGRAPHY
Ever noticed how powerfully confident boss girls look in their branding photography? I can tell you this, that’s because they feel at ease with their photographer! Doing a London Branding session is the best creative outlet. More importantly, making your client feel fabulous and unstoppable is the trick of the trade.
“People will stare. Make it worth their while.” —Harry Winston
I love the feeling of making someone smile because they feel empowered and just plain wonderful! In today’s life it’s all about the person behind the business as much as it is about your work. People invest in you and your brand. What better way to showcase your personality than choosing your favourite location for your London branding session and letting the world know who you are. The experience will be fun and lighthearted, I love shooting in a natural way to get those in between laughs. There’s nothing more engaging than a smile. Have I ever mentioned how much I love being a London Photographer? I am constantly on the lookout for a cute little cafe with natural light and beautiful London architecture for those lifestyle shoots. The city really is our oyster.
Would love to be your portrait photographer! See more of my business branding shoots here.
Boss ladies below |
Cara Van Heerden
My beloved London. I’m here to stay, can’t wait to express my love for this city as a London Photographer!
It’s been a few weeks since we returned to the UK to photograph some amazing weddings in London. We had a plan a solid plan to move to Auckland New Zealand to start a family. Our reason being that me and Ricky (husband) both grew up on farms and love the outdoors. After almost a year of travelling the world (check out Nkima On Style) we realised how much love we still have to give to this wonderful, vibrant city!
It hit as as soon as we returned to London and had a camera in my hand. Being a London Wedding Photographer, you have endless inspiration… The world basically is our oyster.
THIS BRINGS ME TO THE BIG NEWS … YES WE ARE STAYING. YES WE ARE POSITIVE. YES WE ARE CRAZY. AND YES WE ARE THE HAPPIEST WE HAVE EVER BEEN.
There’s no secret that it was the hardest thing for me to leave and pack up… But I am a believer that everything happens for a reason and I know that when a door closes to trust that little voice inside. It’s one of the hardest decisions we had to make as half of my family lives in NZ and the other in South Africa. That dream of living in the same country is not squashed but just delayed BY 2-3 years. I first want to put my stamp in London! We are so blessed to have the most amazing friendships to make the move back to London a joyful one. We have some plans up our sleeve to make these next few years incredible!
London. The question is… ARE YOU READY FOR IT?
Thank you to my beautiful photographer friend Ana from White Chateaux for these pictures.
I am too excited to share my 5 reasons why I’m in love with Dubai! It’s impossible not to love being a Dubai Photographer and shooting Destination Weddings and Lifestyle work abroad. We visited Dubai for only one weekend, so we decided it was so fabulous we had to return this June/July. See our latest Dubai family shoot in mystical sunrise here.
WE DON’T WAIT FOR THINGS TO HAPPEN, WE MAKE THEM HAPPEN
1. Sunrise dunes in Dubai is a must for any destination photographer or traveller. We had the opportunity to have a BBQ true South African style on the dunes waiting for sunrise with this adorable family below. Breakfast and enchanting family sessions made our experience.
2. El Chiringuito Dubai was one of those gems we saw on instagram and knew it was our kinda place! Beautiful views of the city and they have the most incredible bar filled with pure white dreamcatchers. Let’s just say I went a little photo crazy as they just represent how I always imaged Dubai’s hangouts to be.
3. Souk Madinat is like a maze than you can totally get lost in. We spend hours walking around, finding the most interesting corners. The beautiful markets and canals will give you that cultural boost for your first time in Dubai!
4. Cove Beach Dubai will make you want to move to Dubai, no seriously. Surrounded by stunning views like the Burj al arab with modern grey furniture is totally my vibe! Dreamy as it looks, we took the time to take it all in.
5. Last but not least is Jumeirah Beach Hotel, a luxury family beach resort in Dubai. We had a stroll on the lengthy beach just in time for the dreamiest pinky tone sunset! As travel photographers we never put that camera down, and having one day in Dubai was not an exception. See our travel photos on instagram on Nkima on Style.