This is a story about my husband and I. Our Destination Wedding in Thailand. The day that made everything worth it!
It all started out as flatmates who fell for each other. I still remember the feeling when I noticed I’m developing a little crush on my best friend that was undeniable. No matter how uncomfortable, I knew this could be great… So you know, I moved out as soon as I could haha! My mum and sister always prayed for the kindest, sweetest, soft spirited man to sweep me off my feet. OKAY! Before I go any further… You have to know something about me if you don’t already.
I’m the most romantic obsessed person ever. The one who will watch Nicholas Sparks movies OVER & OVER again. I live for passionate love. The, I am your soul mate love. So it kind of makes sense that I’m a Wedding Photographer. Back to the story. You probably wondering why would we choose A Destination Wedding in Thailand of all places in the world? After 6 months of dating we were positive a 4 week holiday in Thailand would give us the unanswered questions we had in our relationship. Note that I was only 21 years old and Ricky 26. I was always a serious person when it comes to dating.
As I knew, my soul mate will be my first love. We travelled the beautiful tropical islands and discovered ourselves connecting more than ever. Arriving in Koh Tao, the smallest island with no cars, just pure beauty and serenity. Sitting on swigs with our toes in the sand we gazed to our left and saw Sensi Paradise resort and right then and there I said to Ricky, how wonderful it would be to get married here one day. He looked at me with his eyes filled with love and he smiled. I knew. We had a future. And yes he was the first ever man to hear me say the worlds – I LOVE YOU. On 2 February 2014 (2 years dating) we decided to send out invitations, message in the bottle style for a tropical wedding in Koh Tao at the same venue we dreamed of. Sandy toes, Salty kisses.
- A wedding planner is a must! Could not have done it smoothly without one. We planned the wedding in 8 months through Fairy Tao Weddings .
- We arrived 2 days before the wedding to settle the little details.
- Relax and let it be. I found that stressing about things you can’t change would only add disappointment.
- If you’re traveling with your guests before the Wedding – DONT. Have your Wedding at the beginning of the trip. Rookie mistake. This way you can enjoy the rest of your trip drama and hassle free.
- Take two dresses. One for the ceremony and a comfortable dress for the party! No shoes of course.